- When can I move in to Student Residence Hall?
The tenancy dates for 2017-2018 academic year are from the 29th of August 2017 till the 30th of June 2018. You can move in at any time after10am on the tenancy start date. Please notice that all dates are mentioned in the tenancy agreement.
- What is the tenancy agreement?
The tenancy agreement is a legal document between the Student Residence Hall (landlord) and the student (tenant). The tenancy agreement sets out clearly defined rules of the Student Residence Hall and the obligations of the Landlord and Tenant. This is a useful and important document. If there are any disputes both parties will refer to the tenancy agreement.
- How long is the tenancy agreement?
Typical tenancy agreements is for 10 months (one academic year).
- Can I extend my tenancy?
YES. If you would like to extend your tenancy you must notify Student Residence Hall as early as possible to ensure your room has not been let to someone else.
- When do I move in?
You can move in any time after 10am on the tenancy start date.
- Can I cancel my tenancy agreement?
- When will I receive the tenancy agreement?
Our tenancy agreements for the 2017-2018 academic year are all online and will be sent to you immediatelly after booking confirmation.
- What internet service do you provide?
We provide a 100 Mbps connection.
We expect that our tenants will follow the fair and acceptable usage policy.
- Can my guests live in my apartment?
NO. Our rooms are intended for one person. A permanent guest over a longer period is not wanted.
- Can I have guests to stay in my room?
YES. If you want to invite guests, you are allowed to do that as long as they are guests and do not live permanently on the premises.
Please be noticed that anyone wanting to visit you have to alert you of their presence.
You will need to go down to the front door of the building to let your guest into the building.
- Are pets allowed in the room?
NO. Pets are not permitted.
- How secure is the building?
Your safety and security is of utmost importance to us. You will be given an entry card which will give you access to the building.
If you lose your entry card there is a 20 euro charge for a replacement.
- Can I cancel my room?
- Can I smoke in my room or in the building?
NO. Smoking is strictly prohibited at Student Residence Hall properties.
If you will not follow the non-smoking policy the penalty of a 100 euro be applied.
- What comes with the room? What do I need to purchase before I move in?
All the rooms at Student Residence Hall are fully furnished but you will need to bring your personal belongings (bedding, towels, cooking appliance).
- Are bedding and dishes provided in the Student Residence Hall?
NO. But we can sell or rent starter packages of bedding and dishes/utensils under request. Please contact us in advance.
- Do I need to move my belongings out the room during the university holidays?
NO. You will only need to move out your belongings on the tenancy end date.
During the term of the tenancy the room is for your use only.
If you wish we can store you belongings for an additional price during summer holidays.
- Is there a place to study in the Residence?
- Yes, there is a quiet study room where tenants can study.
- Do I have to pay booking fee / deposit?
In order to secure the room reservation you are required to pay a booking fee of two months room rent amount. Your booking fee converts to deposit once your tenancy commences. The deposit is refundable at the end of your tenancy, unless any deductions for damage or charges have been made.
- When do I need to pay my first rental instalment?
We offer 3 (three) installment types:
- ONE-MONTH-OFF offer. If you pay fully in advance (not later than 29 of August, 2017). You can receive a one month discount (10% discount) for paying your total annual accommodation rent fully in advance prior to the tenancy start date. This option will be made available to you when you make your instalment payment till the 29th of August, 2017. Please inform us if you are ready to use a 10% discount opportunity and we will process the invoice with discount. Put it simple, you will receive ONE-MONTH-OFF if you pay in advance.
- 2 (two) Installments (1st not later than 29 of August, 2017, 2nd payment not later than 1st of January, 2018). You can receive a 3% discount for paying your annual accommodation rent by two installments when the 1st payment is made prior to the tenancy start date. This option will be made available to you when you make your 1st installment payment till 29 of August, 2017. Please inform us if you are ready to use a 3% discount opportunity and we will process the invoice with discount.
- Monthly Installments (1st payment shall be made prior to the tenancy start date, other payments should be paid at the beginning of the month during the accommodation period). Monthly Installments plans are available only to students who have direct debit agreement. You receive no discount if you pay your accommodation rent monthly.
- What does the monthly rent cover?
The rent covers your room, use of the communal space and all utility expenses such as electricity, heating, water, internet connection.
- Can I change my room?
If you wish to change rooms after the start of the tenancy agreement a 50 euro administration fee will be payable.
- How do I pay my rent?
We accept payments by transfering money to our bank account on a termly basis or you can pay everything upfront. We accept credit cards.
- How should I pay rent if I don't live in Lithuania and don't have a lithuanian bank account?
You can pay your rent by transfering the money to our bank account. We are accepting credit cards.